Welcome

Welcome to Massachusetts, historic Boston and the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority, home to two of the top convention centers in the world.

PlannersExhibitorsAttendeesCommunity

Featured

New Legislation Allows for Boston Convention Center Expansion

Massachusetts Governor Deval L. Patrick has signed legislation that authorizes the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority (MCCA) to move forward with an expansion of the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center (BCEC) in the South Boston Waterfront.

The new law authorizes a 1.3 million-square-foot-expansion of the BCEC, including substantial additions to its exhibit and meeting space, and a second, larger ballroom that will potentially allow the MCCA to attract larger events and host simultaneous events, which is expected to significantly increase economic impact in the region while creating thousands of new jobs.

Read More

Feature Video

Testimonial

"The champion of this department was Levy Restaurants, an event and catering company associated with Hynes Convention Center. Levy’s cupcakes were basically beyond words. I’ve never tasted a better crafted cupcake in my entire 26 year-cupcake-eating-life."

- Jessica Cickay, Food Blogger

Social

An unconventional The Lawn on D press conference for sure. Instead of a ribbon cutting we had a Bocce cutting. Who do you think won?

Feature Photos

Featured

Which Boston Restaurant is a Top 10 Outdoor Dining Destination?

Here in Boston, we love to eat outside – even in a heat wave. Because after being locked inside all winter long, nothing can keep us from the outdoors this summer. And when it comes to wining and dining, you can bet we’ll be on a Boston patio every chance we get.


And trust us – Boston has plenty of outdoor dining options. One of which recently landed on GAYOT.com's list of the Top 10 Outdoor Dining Restaurants in U.S., reports the Huffington Post. Our own Legal Harborside was listed as one of the best restaurants with outdoor dining – and for good reason.


Read more

Boden USA

Coming to the Hynes September 6.

Feature Video

Testimonial

"The BCEC is one of the few convention centers that offers free Wi-Fi service throughout the facility. It eliminates the need to negotiate this "must-have" service, results in considerable savings and satisfied attendees!

- Linda S. Bailey, CMP, National Fire Protection Association

Social

An unconventional The Lawn on D press conference for sure. Instead of a ribbon cutting we had a Bocce cutting. Who do you think won?

Feature Photos

Featured

Tourists & business travelers pump up Greater Boston hotels in June

An increase in tourists and business travelers fueled occupancy rates and revenue at Greater Boston’s hotels in June, according to a new survey by PKF Consulting.

 

The 97 hotel operators in the PKF Trends in the Hotel Industry sample achieved an average 86.5 percent occupancy at a $219.20 average daily rate (ADR) with a resulting $189.61 revenue per available room (RevPAR) for the month. These performance levels represented an occupancy increase of 0.4 percent, a 5.7 percent increase in ADR, and an overall 6.1 percent increase in RevPAR for June 2014 compared to June 2013.

Read more

Feature Video

Testimonial

“As a small non-profit, serving vulnerable women and children, we struggle to meet their needs with our limited budget. Donations from the Conventions C.A.R.E. program not only provide needed supplies to our families, but they also help to preserve our resources during these challenging times.”

- Robert D. Monahan, Julie’s Family Learning Center, South Boston, MA

Social

An unconventional The Lawn on D press conference for sure. Instead of a ribbon cutting we had a Bocce cutting. Who do you think won?

Feature Photos

Featured

Boston Celebrates New Arts Space Lawn on D

The Lawn On D, a new outdoor and interactive music, arts, and leisure space was christened earlier today by Mayor Marty Walsh and others on the eve of its public opening tomorrow afternoon. The 2.7-acre grass space — situated along D Street in South Boston, just at the edge of the Seaport District — is officially part of the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, and will be the source of community-driven programming for approximately 18 months. With free wi-fi, available games, and a focus on community involvement, Lawn On D will serve as a testing ground for some new arts initiatives in Boston, with an eye on planning a new permanent outdoor space as part of the upcoming BCEC expansion.

 

“By having the Lawn On D, we’re taking another step in having the city be more innovative,” said Boston Mayor Martin J. Walsh at today’s media event, which kicks off two days of opening ceremonies that extends to tomorrow’s public unveiling. “It’s another step in showcasing our city… giving people places to come, giving kids places to come.”

 

Read more

Feature Video

Testimonial

"The outside marque at the BCEC not only added excitement around our event but it attracted buzz in the surrounding community and drew the attention of the media who put photos of the digital display in their press articles about our event!"

- Cory Bolotsky, MassChallenge, Inc

Social

An unconventional The Lawn on D press conference for sure. Instead of a ribbon cutting we had a Bocce cutting. Who do you think won?

Feature Photos

Featured

Tourists & business travelers pump up Greater Boston hotels in June

An increase in tourists and business travelers fueled occupancy rates and revenue at Greater Boston’s hotels in June, according to a new survey by PKF Consulting.

 

The 97 hotel operators in the PKF Trends in the Hotel Industry sample achieved an average 86.5 percent occupancy at a $219.20 average daily rate (ADR) with a resulting $189.61 revenue per available room (RevPAR) for the month. These performance levels represented an occupancy increase of 0.4 percent, a 5.7 percent increase in ADR, and an overall 6.1 percent increase in RevPAR for June 2014 compared to June 2013.

Read more

Feature Video

Testimonial

"The BCEC is one of the few convention centers that offers free Wi-Fi service throughout the facility. It eliminates the need to negotiate this "must-have" service, results in considerable savings and satisfied attendees!

- Linda S. Bailey, CMP, National Fire Protection Association

Social

An unconventional The Lawn on D press conference for sure. Instead of a ribbon cutting we had a Bocce cutting. Who do you think won?

Feature Photos

Back to Top