Hospitality Scholarship Grant Guidelines
The purpose of this MCCA Scholarship is to encourage professional development within the visitor and hospitality industry by awarding scholarships to high school seniors or college students who are permanent residents of Massachusetts and are graduating from an accredited high school or are enrolled in hospitality industry majors at a two– or four-year higher education accredited institution.
Annually, four scholarships of $2,500 each are available through the MCCA Community Partnerships & Hospitality Scholarship Fund, administered through the MCCA.
The MCCA has begun accepting applications for academic year 2015.
Applications must be received in their entirety by March 1, 2015.
HOSPITALITY SCHOLARSHIP EVALUATION CRITERIA
All applicants will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Complete application submission by deadline, no exceptions
- High school senior at an accredited high school or full-time, matriculated college student with declared major affiliated with the hospitality industry
- Cumulative credits reflecting the status of a senior in high school or that of a rising sophomore, junior or senior in college
- Resident of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Plans to seek a career in the hospitality, convention or tourism industry
- Student with hospitality or convention industry related experience is preferred
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official high school/college Transcript – no copies, no unofficial or any other facsimile will be accepted
- Personal essay of 500-600 words
- Please note: Employees of the MCCA and their immediate family members are not eligible to receive funding through the Hospitality Scholarship Program
Please return original, completed applications directly to:
Robert O'Shea, Community Liaison
Community Partnership & Hospitality Scholarship Fund
Massachusetts Convention Center Authority
415 Summer Street
Boston, MA 02210
No copies, faxes or electronic files will be accepted.