MGM Springfield announces appointments of general manager, chief financial officer
Executives who served in top posts at the Horseshoe Casino in Baltimore and the New York-New York Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas will join the MGM Springfield senior management team.
MGM Springfield President Michael Mathis on Tuesday announced the hiring of Alex Dixon as general manager and Courtney Wenleder as vice president of finance and chief financial officer.
The appointments come as MGM prepares to open the $950 million casino complex in the city's South End in fall 2018.
Dixon has 10 years of industry experience, most recently serving as vice president and assistant general manager of the Horseshoe Casino in Baltimore, Mathis said.
Wenleder was most recently the CFO at the New York-New York Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas.
As general manager, Dixon will be responsible for day-day leadership and direction, including oversight of operations, Mathis said.
Wenleder will oversee strategic financial planning and financial management, he said.
"They both bring an abundance of industry experience to our resort that is exceeded only by their passion for our vision," Mathis said.
In another personnel move, Mathis announced the promotion of Marikate Murren to the position of vice president of human resources, for planning and directing of all human resource functions. She most recently served as director of human resources for the property, he said.
The company also announced the following appointments to its senior management team:
- Arlen Carballo, director of financial planning and analysis. She previously held a similar position at MGM National Harbor in Maryland.
- Michael Custodio, director of property initiatives. He most recently held the same position at MGM National Harbor.
- Meagan Lippmann, learning and development partner. She most recently served as learning partner with MGM Resorts International University.
- Jason Randall, director of talent acquisition and development. He previously served as director of human resources for Great Wolf Lodge in Fitchburg.
- Mathis praised the senior management staff.
"The breadth of experience, the leadership qualities and values of this team gives me a high degree of confidence in our ability to lead MGM Springfield through and past the next phase of our strategic journey of delivering on our enlivened vision for the South End," Mathis said.